Sunday, January 20, 2013

Santa Barbara Baby Shower!

On January 5, 2013, baby and I enjoyed a lovely baby shower here in Santa Barbara. It was hosted by Mary Given in her home, along with the help of Jess McCormick, Denise Crosby, and Leah Hendrickson. Both my Mom and my Mother in Law were able to be in town, along with other extended family and close friends. Here are a couple photos on our front porch before we headed to the shower. I was 32 1/2 weeks at the time.
Me, My Mom, & Bro's Girlfriend, Kera
Ali & I

It was beautiful and the food was delish!! The photos don't capture ALL the people that were there, it was a full house. Looking around, it was very moving to see all the community we have established here in Santa Barbara. Some people we have known a long time (Jon his whole life!) and others are newer friends. It was an eclectic mix of relationships: family, old friends, new friends, work colleagues, and our church community. Also, we left with LOTS of great stuff to help us prep for the little guy and make sure he is dressed to the 9s.  







 Baby Game: "The Price Is Right"

Playing the game



Making Magic Happen in the Kitchen











The Gifts

A Blessing for Baby & I
 Thanks again to all! 

1 comment:

Mrs. Ward said...

Hi Stacy,
I don't know if you remember me from North Park, but I found your blog through some friends' blogs (starting with Anne Bassett!). I read through several of your posts today and my heart breaks for you and Jon. I'm so, so sorry. I'm glad you've come through the darkest time and are looking forward to little someone #2. I can relate to the feelings of total loss and dashed hopes. My husband and I said goodbye to our second baby at 21 weeks of pregnancy in November. His due date was March 20, 2013 (almost exactly a year after Drake's!). Like you, we found out he was in trouble at a routine ultrasound. We named him Connor William. He had bilateral renal agenesis, meaning he had no kidneys, and there was no amniotic fluid around him because of that. Like you, we have taken comfort in knowing that we were able to give Connor back to his Creator - and that he was created for eternity, not just for this time on Earth that was cut short, and that he still had/has a purpose and significance. We are healing, but the journey you shared through your posts is so very familiar and I wanted to let you know how meaningful it was for me to read your words and see that video from your church. My prayers will be with you as you anticipate this next birth.
- Maria (Elde) Ward