Thursday, September 10, 2009

09/09/09

09/09/09

I am not saying how old I turned today... because people tend to think I am either A LOT younger than I am, or, A LOT older... so I will let it be a mystery! :)

Anyway, yup, Happy Birthday to me! Thanks for all the face book messages (gotta love technology, anyone who sent a paper card gets hero points! No really, I do it too, and it is an easy way to stay connected and I genuinely loved all the greetings!!! )

Along with Happy Birthday, I am still processing...Happy Moving, "Happy" Good-Bye to Beloved friends & family, Happy New Rental House, Happy 5 Year Anniversary, Happy New Job, New Culture, etc. etc......

Which.... is why I declined my hub's very nice offer to take me out anywhere I wanted tonight and instead voted for Pizza and a movie at home! We have been out either at restaurants, fast food, or at friends homes, since we left Chicago. SO much has gone on, I am E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D!!! I know there are a ton of emotions going on, but right now, I am working to stay functioning and appearing normal at my new job! Haven't had time to let it all filter. Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of tears along with shouts of excitement, but that doesn't mean any of this makes sense quite yet!

So for my "birthday". Mind is kinda numb after all the moving transitions and two really intense days at my new job. I have enjoyed time with family and friends here in Santa Barbara. Jon bought me super cute Rainbow Flip Flops (even if he did buy a size 6.5 when I am size 8, its OK... they were green and I loved them!!!) Also,YES, it has been sunny and beautiful :) In addition, m y employers have also been AMAZING and so sweet and generous, I feel very, very, lucky!!

3 comments:

the ferwerda family said...

Happy Birthday, Stace! Was thinking about you all day yesterday and am so thankful for you, your friendship and the blessings you are to so many!!! Lots of love!!

Mr. Puggle® said...

happy birthday!

Mama Blogger said...

Wow, you DO have a lot to process. John and I tend to do lots of big life changes all at once, too. It's pretty draining! But it makes you realize the fullness of your life. Happy Birthday, late, and Happy all those other things. : )

Love, Wendy