Saturday, November 8, 2008

A word

Just a note....

This past week, I have had numerous conversations with people about the election. I have to say, I am grateful to have such a diverse group of political opinions shared within my friends and family. I truly believe it is important to learn from one another.

However, I also just want to put this out there briefly and will likely write more later ( I seem to be saying that a lot lately! I have been busy!!) Anyway- having opinions and values that tend to align with the democratic party is not a new thing for either Jon or I. Personally, I have always been interested in politics. I also am proud to say that I have opinions that are based off thoughtful reflection- enhanced by my education, my faith, and personal efforts to continually make myself aware of what is going on in the world. For me, this meant that when I first learned about the work Barack Obama was involved in (several years ago), he became I person I greatly respected and trust as a leader. Needless to say- I am very grateful that he is our new president and that I was able to be a part of history in the making. A few people have implied that we voted for Barack because it was trendy, edgy, or "going against the flow". And that, is just not true.

OK I am off my soap box for today. :)

No comments: