Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Drake's Due Date




Today would have been Drake's due date. A day at one point I was looking forward to this date, March 21, as a joyous milestone. Within the past 7 weeks, my anticipation of this date turned to dread. Fearing how hard it would be.

I'm doing ok obviously, because I am able to post. Jon took the day off work- I can't imagine sharing this day without him and don't know what I would have done. Honestly, I'm not sure I would have really gotten out of bed without the encouragement of his company today. It has been a tender, emotional, contemplative day so far. Appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.

We spent a few hours at the beach this afternoon, it has been a beautiful day. I had to post this photo, because I think it is so cute. Piper literally helped me "dig" our little beach memorial for Drake. He held onto the stick, or dug after me, the whole way around the heart.

From the opposite side, ocean view:


Missing our sweet baby boy today, and always. Love you!

2 comments:

the Ecclestons said...

tears. love that you guys spent a beautiful day together at the beach though. i love you all very much!

Angie said...

I'm late getting to you blog. You're both still in my prayers. I think it's good that you're experiencing this rather than brushing it aside like everything is okay. You'll heal better that way. I'm sorry it's so hard. Take Care and much love.