Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Oh, the weather outside is frightful....

Actually, nothing about it is delightful,
And since I have places to go...

Stop the snow, stop the snow, stop the snow!


Well, my winter blues have arrived. I seem to get more scrooge like every year when it comes to winter! Especially now that I am out on the road for 50% of my work hours. There is nothing fun about having to brush your car off while you are freezing, trying to maintain professional appearance, and trying to be somewhere on time. Also due to the snow, I got stuck in a clients driveway the other day which was embarrassing for both her and I (OK, probably more for her since she fell on her bootie as I was finally pulling away... I felt so bad for her!!).

Although I will admit, the snow that is gently falling from the sky at the present time is kind of pretty... BUT not pretty enough for me to ever ever say I like snow, or that winter is "not that bad".

I am very grateful for a warm place to live, a husband who can help with "snow care" when he is home, and that it is just snow after all.... not a natural disaster. It just makes me crabby :)

2 comments:

Mama Blogger said...

Don't let the snow chase you away to California! Really though, I hear you. When you have a 2-year-old in your arms and you are trying to get a door open that is frozen shut while trying not to slip on the sheet of ice that used to be your street...you start counting the days til summer. And you get really depressed when you realize that on the calendar, it's not even officially winter yet. :(

the Ecclestons said...

me too! Yuck, let's move to Florida!